Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 20:13:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why we should support Microsoft...

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

[snip]

>installed on new PC's other than windows. Thats where the root of this
>starts I think. It's a deadlock. You cant win. Most people buy their PC's
>from dell or compaq, or HP. Ask any of them if they can install something
>other than windows. Do you hear them laughing at you?
>I already made this point clear to my AG. This entire thing is so retarded
>its not even funny.

Don't you realize that it is in Dell's and Compaq's interests to
cooperate with M$ -- they're sucking on the front teat. You can still
be free. Don't buy or recommend their crap. You pay for M$ every time
you buy one of their products.

Truth is, I'm deeply suspicious of this whole M$ anti-trust business
since M$ was one of the first to get in bed with the government on the
key escrow efforts -- and the government has "standardized" on M$. I
think the whole thing is a shill.

-- Jay