Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:40:45 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        nigel@e-easy.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User and Machine Stats - more info?

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 03:12 pm, Nigel Weeks wrote:

> http://ecr.sf.net/bsdc/ - the project root
> http://ecr.sf.net/bsdc/php - the mockup

Main page look great.

Under User Registraton page:

The difference between bold and non-bold fields might be hard to
distinguish on some browsers.

Under the Machines page: (these are just nits, I'm not picking on the
concept, and am fully aware that it's a concept design only)

1) You will check that no non-BSD system will sneak through under "OS
Name", right?

2) "CPU Make" isn't even close to comprehensive, especially if NetBSD
stats will be included. You could also make "CPU Model" dynamic based
on "CPU Make".

3) Hints and help would be good. For example, what does "HDD" mean?
Number of hard drives? Number of Megabytes? Gigabytes? SCSI versus ATI?
etc.

4) I'm not sure that "Machine Jobs" is comprehensive enough. There are a
thousand and one different kinds of servers, but only one
"workstation". What about "desktop", "development", "gaming", etc? At
the minimum, "desktop" should be there.

Overall, a very good mockup.

David Johnson