Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:58:48 -0500
From:      Steven Lake <steven.lake@corecomm.com>
To:        Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing problems with Mozilla and Firefox on Freebsd 5.3

At 10:58 AM 12/18/2005 -0800, Micah wrote:
>Steven Lake wrote:

>>>I think x11-fonts/webfonts may be referenced as msttcorefonts
>>>in other distributions. I can't explain why, but try to install the
>>>print/gtklp port and change the print command in firefox to
>>>gtklp.
>>
>>         Installed webfonts and gtklp and restarted x and no go still.
>>:(  One thing I did notice is that all the others go to a normal print
>>window, but the two browsers go to some custom printing screen and say
>>something about "postscript/printer_name" instead of the normal KDE cups
>>installed printer.  Would that possibly cause part of the issue?
>
>Firefox isn't a KDE app, so by default is uses /usr/bin/lpr unless you
>specifically set it to use another print interface.  Unfortunately Firefox
>1.5's whole printing system is pretty buggy right now - almost to the
>point of unusability on my system.  If it was working properly you'd go
>File->Print select the printer you want to edit, click Properties and set
>the command to either /usr/local/bin/lpr (for the lpr interface to CUPS)
>or kprinter (for the KDE interface to CUPS). Unfortunately this official
>method is not working for me.  I've had to edit the prefs.js directly in
>order to maintain printing ability.
>
>HTH,
>Micah

         WOOT!  I used kprinter and it's working!  Thanks!!  :)

Steven Lake
Business Support Representative
CoreComm Business Services
Contact Number: 1-877-557-2724
Direct Line: 1-517-664-8176

"Duct Tape takes over where skill leaves off"
         - Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales.

"A bird I am, but a penguin I am not." - Haku