Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Cromer <cromerdh@sbac.edu>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Buslogic(?) kernel panic

Joerg,
     Thanks for your response.  I'll check with Buslogic for possible
firmware upgrade, but when Win95/WinNT/OS2/Linux all see the drive fine
(OS/2 and Linux are installed on it) it points to something in FreeBSD.
The strangest part is that the initial boot load was coming from that same
drive, and the install used the same controller to access the CD-ROM, the
FDISK equivalent partitioned and formatted the drive, and put the software
on it.  I've subsequently installed FreeBSD to my IDE drive, but I still
get the message.  I haven't had time even to test whether the CD-ROM or
SCSI disk are accessible, though I doubt it.  I'll follow up with my results
to freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org.

Dan