Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 1997 17:27:23 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pci_map_mem reports failure

Dennis:

To which I said:

>   The test for < 1MB should only be for the < 1MB PCI memory type, but
>isn't strictly necessary...I'm not familiar with what the PCI spec has to
>say about it. The function ultimately calls pmap_mapdev() which has no
>trouble mapping any physical address.

   It just occured to me that you're probably using 2.1.x, so this bug fix
is probably of interest:

revision 1.56
date: 1996/10/14 13:04:34;  author: se;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -2
pci_map_mem() did a too restrictive check on the mapping type:
PCI_MAP_MEMORY_TYPE_32BIT_1M should be accepted as well as
PCI_MAP_MEMORY_TYPE_32BIT (and now is).
(Problem reported by David Greenman.)

-DG

David Greenman