Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:28:24 -0800
From:      Colin Jensen <cj@accom.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chat@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X-UIDL and X-PMFLAGS

I use a procmail based filter called junkfilter (available from
<http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/junkmail>) to kill junkmail.
One nice thing about it is that it documents each of its rules
and explains why they work.

For X-UIDL, the check for spam says:
+---
| # Invalid X-UIDL header (inserted by POP3 servers/clients).  Valid ones have
| # exactly 32 hexadecimal characters.
+---

And for the Authenticated Sender, it says:
+---
| # Pegasus mailer is the only mailer which legitimately generates
| # "Comments: Authenticated sender is ..." so kill anything else.
+---

Since October 7, junkfilter killed 38 of 41 spams I've received,
without killing any mail I wanted to keep.

Does anyone have any other junk filters they can recommend?

- Colin