Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:03:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where do I get the start for src_2.2

> >I have both src-2_1 and src-cur running with updates via ctm.
> >No I have subscribed to the src-2_2 mailinglist and received
> >already src-2.2.0002.gz and src-2.2.0003.gz. Now I don't know
> >where to get the first start-file for src-2_2.
>
> When I successfully get it uploaded, it will be in
> /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-2.2/ctm.
> The start file is src-2.2.0001.gz WHICH IS NOT the partial file there now.

Thanks a lot to everybody who answered me. I have found them today. They
seemed to have appeared shortly after my post to freebsd-current :-).

> To create a smaller start file, I can do a cross-over from the 2.1 (or
> perhaps -current) stream.
> In order for it to be useful, you would need to save the tree (or the
> updates to generate it) as of a particular update. You would then apply a

I am just getting the src-2.2.0001.gz because I have to start today with it.
I just wondered about receiving the ctm files already but I had no start file...

> Since you are keeping more than one tree, I would suggest that you consider
> switching to keeping the cvs tree instead. You can extract any otf the
> trees from it. You also have the ability to go back in time.

I usually used stable on my machines here. But then I heard about the existence
of netatalk support in current, which would allow me to throw my last
Linux machine out :-). So I tried current, but now I will use 2.2 because I
prefer stablity over new features.

Andre