Date:               Wed, 26 Apr 1995 20:48:00 CST6CDT
From:      "John Booth" <JOHN@gab.unt.edu>
To:        steve@cioeserv.cioe.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Re: chfn configurable?

> Is there anyway to add to the fields that a user may change with the
> chpass (chsh/chfn) command? Right now a user seems to be limited to
> shell, location, home phone and work phone. I'd like to also allow changing

I was wondering this the other day.  A person asked how to change his
name on my system.  I did a man on chfn and ran it once--didn't see
how anyone but root could change a name.  I remember you could change
name with 1.1.5.1, has it been changed that much?.
                                    College of Arts & Sciences
                                    Computing Services
                                    John A. Booth, john@gab.unt.edu