Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:21:28 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 4.4 with Linksys NP100

In message <20011012221242.P325-100000@Cat.nina.org> Frank Seltzer writes:
: I recently came into a used Linksys NP100 Network Everywhere card.  The
: 4.4 boot floppies do not see a card installed.  The link and 10/100
: lights come on during boot.  AFAIK this is not a CardBus card.  Is there
: any way to install using this card?

OK.  First question: does the card have a narrow, copper/gold colored
band near the 68 pin connectors?  If no, then it is not a CardBus
card.

You may need to set the memory address for the pccard stuff.  0xd0000
is likely too low for most modern laptops.  0xd8000 might be a good
choice.  sysinstall will likely prompt for this during the install.
if it doesn't, then your cardbus bridge isn't being recognized.  if
that's the case, we need to start at a more basic level.

I just checked pccard.conf, and it looks like there's entries for
Network Everywhere cards.

Warner