Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:58:43 -0700
From:      Darren Davis <DARREND@novell.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Inferno for FreeBSD.

I was checking out the Inferno Web page http://inferno.lucent.com.  For those who are not familiar with this, it is a distributed OS/platform similar in concept to Java being developed at Bell Labs by the team that developed Plan 9.  Well, I saw that it was available for several Unix platforms as well as that Windows trash.  FreeBSD was not listed as one of the supported platforms.  So I decided to take the oportunity to use their suggestion link and put in the suggestion that they do a FreeBSD port.  Well, I got a response back from Phil Winterbottom (One of Bell Labs finest) stating that I was the first to make this request, and if there was enough interest in a FreeBSD port that they would do one.  Well, are WE interested?  If so, use their suggestion box and lets get a FreeBSD port of Inferno.

Thanks,

Darren