Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:27:08 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jim Arnold" <jarnold@knightridder.com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Arnold" <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To: <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 12:12 PM
Subject: Problems with questions mailing list

> I can't post to the freebsd-questions@freebsd.org list any longer.
> posted a question yesterday and it did not appear. Last week I
posted
> a question. When it did not appear I unsubscribed from the list and
> re-subscribed. It still would not post. I've sent two emails to
> postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG asking for help and they have not been
> answered.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks

It's possible that the issue is as follows:

#host knightridder.com
knightridder.com has address 209.97.57.55
knightridder.com mail is handled (pri=10) by mail.knight-ridder.com
knightridder.com mail is handled (pri=5) by mail1.knight-ridder.com
#host 209.97.57.55
55.57.97.209.IN-ADDR.ARPA domain name pointer vh80116.vh8.infi.net

I imagine that somewhere it's failing with a failure to match the
ptr record with the domain of the sender address......

My guess, HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.