Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:37:20 -0700
From:      Kedar Rajadnya <kedar@asacomputers.com>
To:        "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Server Stability not good anymore

Hi,

>So I know the Ram I am using works fine at 66mhz and I *think* it is all
>pc100, but I am not sure.

        That very well might be it.  Also, mixture of ECC and non-ECC DIMMS.

> Is there anything else anyone
>can think of that might cause the about problem of randomly rebooting after
>many hours?

        You might want to quickly verify the positioning of the DIMMS. It is
generally better to have them installed in an increasing progression.  Also,
if you are using different capacity DIMMS, it is sometimes advisable to use
them in pairs.

>Is there any strange thing that freebsd might start doing when
>the system has more than 512mb that could do this?

        Not FreeBSD, but Tyan boards do.  Please be very consistent about
the kind/quality of memory on those boards.  They are very picky.

Kedar.

Take care,
Kedar Rajadnya.
ASA Computers, Inc.
TEL: (408)232-5999 ext201  FAX:(408)232-5959