Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:07:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        John Dowdal <jdowdal@destiny.erols.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboots

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, John Dowdal wrote:
> Do you have DDB enabled?  YOur spontaneous reboots might be panics with
> the messages hidden "behind" xwindows so you never see them.  If you turn
> on DDB, it will crash to the debugger instead of just reboot.

I did not have it enabled earlier, but I do have it enabled now (still
waiting for a crash after removing bpfilter). And I don't believe there
was any messages, because the reboot was so quick, that even if I would
not run X, I could not see any message (the reboots appear almost as if
someone would press the reset button, i.e. in one moment I'm typing
something and in the middle of me typing something the messages BIOS
greeting messages appear).

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia