Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:54:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@toplink.net>
To:        Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corrupted File System?

Hi,

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Chris Cook wrote:

> This may be off topic, but I figured it would be a good place to ask...
> we had one of our servers "lock up" for some reason.  Had to reboot it
> without shutting down properly and when it came up fsck ran and had some
> errors.  I told it to fix them all but I've now run fsck about 1000
> times and it still comes up with errors like the ones below... It cannot
> seem to fix them, is this serious or do I not have to worry?  I've even
> deleted the mrtg directory, after replacing the files in that directory
> from backup fsck will complain again... here is the output:

[snipp]

I would recommend that you backup whats left asap somewehere else and reformat
the partition with newfs. Then restore..

You might also want to perform some kind of surface check on the disk to be
sure that you don't have a hardware problem on this disk.

Greetings

--
TopLink Internet Services GmbH			ck@171.2.195.in-addr.arpa
Christian Kratzer				http://www.toplink.net/