Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:53:00 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting with modules

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 01:34:43AM -0600, Sean Kelly wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:00:08PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:53:14PM -0600, Sean Kelly wrote:
> > > Notice it loads miibus.ko, which I don't even specify in loader.conf?=
  This
> > > shows that loader is reading all the modules and adding their dependa=
ncies,
> > > but why isn't the kernel getting them all?
> >=20
> > How do you know it's not?  You haven't demonstrated this in your mail :=
-)
>=20
> Okay, I copied down what I believe to be relevant, and now I'm really
> confused.  It shows it loading initially, but it doesn't show up in 'lsmo=
d'
> and it doesn't show up during kernel boot...

Okay, so what you're actually saying is that if you don't tell the
loader to load miibus.ko (which is a required dependency of if_xl.ko),
then if_xl.ko doesn't load properly even though it's registered as
being loaded?  It wasn't terribly clear in your initial mail what you
claimed the problem was (everything else seems to be okay, at least at
first glance).  There may be some problem with module dependencies, I
don't know.  What happens if you explicitly load miibus in
loader.conf?

Kris

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--