Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 2015 12:13:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is I340-T4 capable of monitor mode on stable/10 r284296?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4, quad ports,
82580 controller, can be used in monitor mode on stable/10 r284296?

Will this work by itself:

ifconfig igb1 up monitor promisc

I don't get any error messages, so I assume the driver and adapter is
on terms with each other.

I'm having difficulty getting net-mgmt/iftop to see the traffic on the
igb1, whereas tcpdump -vvs 0 -i igb1 sees the traffic.

iftop has no problems seeing the traffic on bce1 on the same system.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |