Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 08:07:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   vi window resizing problmes

On a couple of my systems here I am having problems with vi
recognizing changes in xterm window size.  If I resize the window
before starting vi, it thinks the window is still the dimensions
that it was when originally started.  If I resize it while running
vi, it appears that vi gets confused and doesn't redraw the screen
properly at all.

The two failing systems are the ones that I have most recently done
a make world on.  One of them is at the July 6th 2.1.5 (RELENG_2_1_0)
level and the other is at the July 7th -current level.  I also have
three other systems at earlier levels of -current or 2.1-stable on
which vi is working properly (with respect to window resizing
anyway).  Note that other programs such as less and top notice the
window size changes on all of the systems.

Can someone point me to what I may have wrong on these failing
systems?

Thanks,
--
Bob Willcox