Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:42:24 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, "Dmitry S. Sivachenko" <dima@Chg.RU>, freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gettext

[removed from -arch, as this has strayed from the topic]

Alexander Langer wrote:

> Yes. But while I prefer German menus in GUI-programs, for example, I
> really dislike, that the same LANG var affects those stuff.
>
> Imagine a bug-report: How do _you_ want to understand an error message
> in German??

Error messages must always be accompanied by a mnemonic error code, if
they are to be translated. That way, the user can understand the error,
*you* can understand the error, and copying error messages becomes
easier.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

		Windows works, for sufficently small values of "works".