Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 09:13:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        blh@nol.net, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, hackers@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Triton chipset with 256k cache caches 32M only?

J Wunsch writes:

> As Brett L. Hawn wrote:

> >  I would highly suggest getting some of the new
> > ASUS (just my particular favorite) tr-2 chipset motherboards, these solve
> > the caching problem along with many of the other inherent bugs of tr-1
> > chipsets.

> They even can do ECC now if you're using parity SIMMs!

> (About to get my new board into service by tomorrow or thursday. :)

	I'd really like to do ECC, I just don't have the money for it right
now.  So does this ECC work the same as the ECC on DEC Alphas?  On the Alphas,
you put in 5M for every 4M of addressable ram.  Is there a fifth simm slot on
these motherboards where a non ECC capable motherboard would have 4?

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM