Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:56:17 -0500
From:      "Gene" <fbsd@brightstar.bomgardner.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD 7.2 - ports blocked but no firewall

Hi-
I'm running 7.2 GENERIC and installed the unrealirc port. I've started it up
and can connect from localhost just fine. But when attempting to connect from
the outside world (eg. from another box on the lan) I get connection refused.

I've tried both with and without ipfilter running (with appropriate rule).
Other ports are reachable including a non-standard port used for ssh.

The question: Could there be any reason that port 6667 might be blocked?
(Unrealircd questions can be taken up elsewhere).

IHN,
Gene

--
To everything there is a season,
And a time to every purpose under heaven.