Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:09:11 -0700
From:      Alex Huppenthal <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        bsdnews <bsdnews@trigger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Frontpage Extensions

I haven't given this any thought, but I toss it out for the list's
consideration.

Is it possible to implement 'webbot self' crud that we deal with in
Frontpage extensions in PHP?

We find more and more novice Web designers demanding Frontpage
extensions.  The Apache/Frontpage/PHP/IMP/Imap/GD build is probably
never going to work easily.. or be easy to maintain with Frontpage
extensions.

I'd like to offer these novice FP Web designers a clean, portable option
to Frontpage extensions.

Any open source project working to emulate FP extensions, perhaps in
Core PHP? I'm not an FP expert... anyone have an opinion ? Suggestion?

 -Alex