Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:55:30 -0800
From:      darklogik@pittgoth.com
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jamie Heckford <jamie@jamiesdomain.org.uk>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Chapter 11 - Storage

Were not hateful people, I guess leaving it in would be
understandable, but maybe it could be reworded to be alot less
blunt, or we could make up an example.  I've noticed, at least in
my town, alot of people take offence to the slightest mention of
such a day.  No matter, a re-word is possible, and i'll get to it
sometime, thanks for the input!

> The example of the World Trade Center is a good one.  I think it should
> stay unless it is replaced with another concrete example of the need for
> "really off-site" backups.  If you want to reword it to make it less
> blunt, that's fine too.
>
> It's disturbing to think about the events of September 11, but anyone
> who feels that fault tolerance and disaster recovery is important would
> be a fool not to study this incident and learn from it.
>
> Bruce.
>
> PS.  I'd guess off-hand that someone wrote the text in question *after*
> September 11, otherwise the sentence wouldn't make much sense in
> context.

Wade pointed this out, and lets leave it at that, this isn't a history
list hehehe...

Tom Rhodes
http://www.pittgoth.com	Dark Portal Project
http://www.FreeBSD.org	FreeBSD Project