Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:55:27 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   BUF/BIO roadmap.

Core asked me to produce a short document about what I am trying to
do with the struct buf / struct bio and all that jazz.

This paper can be found here: http://phk.freebsd.dk/Bio/bio.ps

There are two parts to it:

  1.  The argumentation for splitting struct bio out from struct buf

  2.  A road map for the stackable BIO system.

Barring any competent objections, the patch still up for review
at http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc will be committed and work progress
according to the roadmap.

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe