Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:48:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, "'Olivier Nicole'" <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Panic at setup time

If you're getting an extra card, which is what I thought *you* were talking
about,  I was ssuming server, not desktop.

The newer IBM drives can do tagged operations, and in any case, you have dual
channels- whether it's slave or master, the quicker you burst the data, the
better. If the whole xfer is on drive cache, you want to move it as quickly as
possibly (for reads), or you want to fill the drive cache as quickly as
possible.

Your latter comment I don't disagree with.