Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:37:05 +0100
From:      Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hackers or whackers?

Hey,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:23:11PM +0200, Paul Everlund wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Have I signed up for the correct list? I was hoping to learn
> some creative FreeBSD specific programming on this list, so
> that I maybe one day could contribute to the project, but so
> far I feel like I'm not on a hackers list. :-)

Other than programming questions there is a quantity of
project politics talk which goes on, most people (I believe) accept
this as an unfortunate but inevitable side-effect of success.

> Is it usually like this, you people who have been here some
> time, or I just joined at a bad timing?

This is a low point in the history of this mailing list, of the 12 / 18
months that I've been subscribed.

The recent trolls are the "work" of one individual. One person is easy
enough to ignore (please join me in ignoring them :-)).

> Take care all!
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

Dominic