Date:      21 May 1995 01:32:05 GMT
From:      chrisr@alpha1.larc.nasa.gov (Christian Rasmussen)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bootmanager doesnt work

After booting and fdisk/disklabeling/installing from the first floppy
it asks to be rebooted, but when rebooting I just a get prompt saying

F1 = FreeBSD

I have assigned my entire drive to FreeBSD, pressing F1 gives me the
same prompt again, pressing nothing just repeats the prompts every so
often. To me it looks like it is trying to boot but fails and then
just goes back to the F1.. prompt question. I have tried this both
with a IDE drive and a SCSI drive. Same result.

Also the only way to get this boot manager off is to use DOS's 'fdisk /mbr'
If anyone know what to do please let me know..

Christian