Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:26:36 -0500
From:      Scott Lystig Fritchie <fritchie@MR.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CBQ, was: Bandwidth throttling etc.

After reading two freebsd-current-digest's full of "Bandwidth
throttling etc." discussion, I had to chime in with an additional
reference which may or may not be of any assistance to Luigi and
others discussing the matter.  See:

	http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/floyd/cbq.html

... if you haven't already.  It is titled "Publically-Available CBQ
Implementations".  It mentions "ALTQ: Alternative Queueing for
FreeBSD" by K. Cho.  It mentions implementing Class-Based Queueing
(CBQ), Random Early Discard (RED), Weighted Fair Queueing (WFQ), and
Resource ReS?erV?ation Protocol (RSVP ... did I mangle the abbrev?)
stubs for CBQ.

Cho's work appears to be available at
http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/software.html.

I don't have any affiliation with Floyd or Cho, other than being quite
interested in their research.  :-)

-Scott