Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 00:35:43 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD versus LINUX

On Fri, 01 May 1998 15:25:11 -0500, "Frank Pawlak"
<fpawlak@execpc.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask a favor of you.  I am in some sense involved
> in the promotion of FreeBSD.  As part of that effort documented
> reasons why FreeBSD is a solid OS as compared to any other, not just
> Linux is needed.  I am asking you to join us in our efforts as
> volunteers to promote FreeBSD and position it as a profession OS.

I encourage your efforts but I don't want to join -- I'm apathetic as
to whether FreeBSD is advocated or not.

As long as FreeBSD has open source code and attracts developers who
can read and write good code, I believe that in itself will sustain
FreeBSD to the extent which is useful for my purposes.

If FreeBSD grows to the extent of Linux due to active promotion and
advocacy, fine.  But others besides me will have to take that ball and
run with it.