Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:42:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        jhs@berklix.org (Julian H. Stacey)
Cc:        "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-mobile] Re: Readily available card on 5.5?

> > 	so I need to find a replacement. The system can only go as
> > far as FreeBSD 5.5, anything past and it isn't happy.
>
> 6 was a pain / impossible for some old laptops with pcmcia,
> but 7 now supports some pcmcia again, give it a try if you haven't.
>
> PS I've made some notes in my struggles to update some of my old laptops.
> http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/

Hi,

	Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't even get the kernel to boot
on the system that I need the card on. On another laptop I can't go
past 5.4-p22 otherwise it stops booting the kernel completely.

	So I guess I could just really use to know what, if anything,
people are doing to keep wireless connectivity when forced to be on
5.5?

		Thanks, Tuc