Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:01:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/12275: Patches to add support for new chipset (fwd)

I may be missing something but this patch contains read_mii() and
write_mii() but never does anything with them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess that you really mean:

+               media = read_mii(sc, BCR49);
+               write_mii(sc, BCR49, media);

Any chance that we can identify the PHY used by these cards and make sure
we're dealing with one of them before we go reading and writing to one
blindly?  What if Diamond changes PHYs?

Anyhow, I don't see these design issues getting in the way of adding
functionality.

Regenerate your patch and I'll commit it.  (unless someone else wants to.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |