Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:29:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
Subject:   Re: High tech graffiti

> This was forwarded to me from a coworker, who got it from someone else,
> etc.  So this could all be hearsay, but...

"Informed Sources" from Intel indicate that this is a practical joke.
According to one of the engineers in question, the photo doesn't even
represent a finished wafer (it's clearly not been through the last few
stages of processing), nor would a finished die work with the "bill
sux" where it is since metal migration would result in a part that
failed fairly quickly.

Oh well, cute joke though. :)

- Jordan