Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:21:01 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Cc:        Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

(response moved to -chat)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Brandon Lockhart wrote:

> First of all, I do not recommend Gateway 2k for server's.  Get a COMPAQ or
> HP or SUN.  RISC is the way to go.

Compaq isn't any more RISC than Gateway unless you mean Alpha (in which
case you should specify that). And then you are into commercial Unix
(which I like and use every day, but it's not what he asked for) or
Linux or one of the other BSDs. FreeBSD (that is what this list is about,
right?) doesn't run on Alpha, Sparc or PA-RISC...

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | I feel alive."