Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:00:35 -0500
From:      "Benjamin Greenwald" <beng@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Mark Murray" <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Naming branches

Actually, of all the mailings that have been sent out on this subject, I
think mine was the least confrontational.

I was simply trying to state how I felt about the tendency of the people in
this project to discount new ideas as complaints and to discount users who
aren't also developers.

After all, it is the common users that choose to become the developers.  If
they end up feeling burned by FreeBSD, they aren't likely to choose to
donate to it.  They'll just order their free copy of Solaris.  At least
they'll have someone to call with their problems that won't talk down to
them.

-Ben Greenwald