Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:31:11 -0500
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   (amd64 7.0-CURRENT) jdk-1.5.0 java crashes when using libthr

Has anyone had any success getting the Sun JDK 1.5.0 to work with
libthr (mapped via /etc/libmap.conf)?  I've been wanting to try a few of
the more esoteric command line options (-XX:+UseBoundThreads and
-XX:+UseThreadPriorities) in combination with libthr, to try to get a
1:1 thread mapping, but the jvm invariably crashes soon after startup.

I may be barking up the wrong tree altogether, as Sun's docs say these
two options are for Solaris only, but anyway...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"