Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:22:22 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>, "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: POLL: Kylix for FreeBSD ??

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 02:00:40PM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> >We need (many) more people to vote though. We are currently second last (in
> >fact, last of the named OSen) :(
> >

> > BeOS      FreeBSD    MacOS X    PalmOS    Solaris   WinCE    Other
> >Votes: 57 Votes: 39 Votes: 127 Votes: 126 Votes: 77 Votes: 74 Votes: 16
> >  11 %        8 %       25 %      24 %      15 %     14%       3%
>
> We now how more votes, but still only second last!
> I sure hope that this is an indication that people have not
> heard about this..
> I would hate to think that the developer community on FreeBSD
> wouldn't want a tool like this ported.

It would certainly be good to get it. That poll would, I imagine, be a
fairly accurate representation of demand as it is necessary to register in
order to vote and, if you vote again, your previous vote is automatically
cancelled which should prevent (or go some way to preventing) script
kiddies skewing the results.

Come on FreeBSD'ers. Let Borland know that we are worth supporting!

> Delphi is my prefered development environment on windows. On
> FreeBSD I am starting to try CodeForge.
>

> francisco
> Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
> http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate