Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2013 23:22:30 +0100
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vendorinfo file

2013/11/4 Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Olivier Duchateau
> <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2013/11/4 Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've noticed that 'xfce4-about' looks for the
>>> /usr/local/share/xfce4/vendorinfo file. If it's missed a warning
>>> message is printed in console:
>>>
>>> xfce4-about-Message: No vendor information found in
>>> "/usr/local/share/xfce4/vendorinfo".
>>
>> It's odd x11/libxfce4menu is precisely compilled with option
>>
>> --with-vendor-info=FreeBSD
>>
>> It's an workaround, if we can't provide vendor info file. I know some
>> Linux distros do same thing.
>
> I'm not familiar with autoconfig scripts, but is this workaround still
> necessary?
> According to following code chunk taken from
> http://git.xfce.org/archive/xfce-utils/tree/configure.in.in

It's wrong file, xfce-utils is deprecated (located in archive folder).

xfce4-about code now belongs to libxfce4ui (libxfce4menu in your ports tree).

> eliminating the --with-vendor-info script argument will make
> VENDOR_INFO undefined
>
> AC_ARG_WITH([vendor-info],
> AC_HELP_STRING([--with-vendor-info=NAME], [Specify an additional
> vendor name, optionally with a file in prefix/share/xfce4/NAME]),
>     [with_vendor_info="$withval"], [with_vendor_info=""])
> if test x"$with_vendor_info" != x""; then
>     AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([VENDOR_INFO], ["$with_vendor_info"],
> [Additional vendor name and/or info])
>     AC_MSG_RESULT([$vendorinfo])
> else
>     AC_MSG_RESULT([not set])
> fi
>
> Then xfce4-about (in its main.c) will not look for any vendorinfo file
> and will show only xfce version without any vendor name.
> http://git.xfce.org/archive/xfce-utils/tree/xfce4-about/main.c
>
>> I've never had this message in my log session.
>
> I see it in the console from wich I run startxfce4

To avoid this message create an empty file like this:
touch /usr/local/share/xfce4/vendorinfo

See commit log, here
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/commit/xfce4-about/main.c?id=4a14ef81cdc6f3e45b63eb42ca41c6af50c9c0c4

--