Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 10:14:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        Christopher Masto <exidor@nimbus.superior.net>
Cc:        Chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 8 character login limit?!

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Christopher Masto wrote:

> Branson Matheson writes:
> >  use our product. We should not alienate those who want this feature
> >  just because it will break things.. lets fix the problem.
> It will break things every day for the rest of your life.  It can't be
> "fixed" unless you think you can track down every Unix program someone
> might want to use that tries to stick a user name in an 8-character
> space.

 Amazing... BSDI was able to do it... and they work from some of the
 same source as we do... If they can do it ... so can we.

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?