Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:52:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AOUT/ELF

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 09:54:35 MST, Nate Williams wrote:
>
> > > Is there an ELF jdk somewhere ?
> >
> > Not yet, and probably not anytime soon.
>
> Perhaps you could update the FreeBSD-Java web page to reflect that it
> _only_ works for AOUT FreeBSD, then?

Because that'd be untrue.  I run current, which is elf, and elf kernel,
and my jdk (aout) runs fine.  Don't try to spread FUD because it's not
perfect.  The latest jdk sources are available, it's not yet built for
FreeBSD yet is all.  If you want to help, great, but don't make it worse
than it is.  I do a lot of java for my classwork here at UMD, and our
jdk is just fine, thank you.

BTW, the java executable is statically linked.  Did you try it?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).