Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:48:39 +0200
From:      Vikashb Badal <vikashb@where-ever.za.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disabling "weak" algorithms in sshd

On 17/02/2020 17:09, Shamim Shahriar wrote:
> Good afternoon all
>
> I had been googling for quite some time and so far came up empty, maybe

i don't know if there is a best practice for these atm, i usually update
/etc/ssh/shd_config and add/replace:

Ciphers aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour128
MACs hmac-sha1,umac-64@openssh.com,hmac-ripemd160

https://man.openbsd.org/sshd_config#Ciphers

https://man.openbsd.org/sshd_config#MACs

"ssh -Q cipher" and "ssh -Q mac" will provide you a list of ciphers currently
allowed,