Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 1995 02:09:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

> OK, that would make a difference.  On the version I have, it doesn't
> get fired up until you commit yourself.  If you could use it almost
> any time before, that would be great.

Well, I have to say that it's still sort of "post committal" since I
need to know that there's even something on the root file system
before I send the shell leaping off into space, chrooted to it (I
can't leave it lying around with the floppy as its root or I'd never
be able to use the floppy again).  If you truly want to launch a shell
first thing and go poking around, I provided the "fixit" option for
that.

					Jordan