Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2010 07:34:40 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Continuing problem with "portsnap"

--Sig_/QIOOGY/c43PrDRNRR+iiFOV

Since "portsnap' has been failing on my system, I tried a different
approach and decided to rebuild the port entirely rather than just
download an updated snapshot. This is the result of just such a
venture:

portsnap fetch extract      =20
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap5.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap2.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap6.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap4.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

You will notice that all the mirrors appear broken. Now, I can reach the
FreeBSD web site, and every other site I commonly visit without a
problem; therefore, I believe the problem resides somewhere with the
portsnap mirrors.

Can anyone confirm or further thesis this thesis?

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop
thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do =
we."

George W. Bush
August 5, 2004
Washington, D.C.