Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 00:48:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Prognosis of 2.2-960107-SNAP

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, it's got some problems.  I got it to install just fine, both via
> FTP and NFS, and the new 2.2 system came up happily announcing the
> details of new features like rndcontrol and such, then I was unable to
> log in due to a missing `libcrypt.so.2.0'.  No /usr/libexec/telnetd
> either, for some reason, and this was theoretically a full `Developer'
> install.
>
> Hmmmm.
>
> I shall investigate, naturally, starting with a close examination of
> the contents of each and every dist, but between now and the time that
> I get all of the release-building bits working again will probably be
> a couple of days.  I think we can count on 2.2-960107-SNAP becoming
> 2.2-960110-SNAP, or even later. :-)
>
> Just FYI..

Just FYI...

	But after repeated attempts to compile, I can't get pkg_manage
to compile, due to a missing ui_objects.h file...

	I'm not doing a 'make world', or a 'make release'...just simply
cd'ng into '/usr/src/usr.sbin' and doing a 'make depend; make'.

	The file in question is below, and has been like this for a few
weeks.  The sources are current to the 5th, but this problem was
there in December, when I first tried to get all the binaries up to
date.

	I've done a find on the system, and its nowhere to be found,
and, if I recall correctly, when I move the include, it calls up a bunch
of other errors.

Any ideas?

/***************************************************************
 *
 * Program:     pkg_main.c
 * Author:      Marc van Kempen
 * Desc:        main routine for pkg_manage
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1995, Marc van Kempen
 *
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * This software may be used, modified, copied, distributed, and
 * sold, in both source and binary form provided that the above
 * copyright and these terms are retained, verbatim, as the first
 * lines of this file.  Under no circumstances is the author
 * responsible for the proper functioning of this software, nor does
 * the author assume any responsibility for damages incurred with
 * its use.
 *

#include "pkg_manage.h"
#include "ui_objects.h"

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc