Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:21:24 -0500
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   XInitThreads (X11 threading support), how do you compile it?

Well, I've recently run into a program that requires threaded X11
libraries
(the newest version of xine), however I cannot figure out how to compile
XFree-4 with thread support.  I know the XFree 3.3.6 that ships with
FreeBSD is compiled with threading, but it is much too slow on my
video card.

How do you compile XFree with threading support?  I've found nothing in
the
configuration that even hints at it, in fact the only mention of threads
in the documentation is in reference to WinNT.  The XFree FAQ doesn't
even mention anything about it.  I know this is more of an XFree
question,
but I'm afraid of their mailing lists. :P

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org