Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 05:52:25 -0600
From:      Jeff Palmer <scorpio@drkshdw.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup minor port problem today

I still say we need a procmail recipe on the list for situations like this.

any email with usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files in the body,
should automatically be dropped to /dev/null and a reply
with the workaround sent to the originator.

or,   instead of having it dropped to /dev/null
put a "moderate" flag on the mail and have a moderator decide if the rest
of the list should see it.
(thereby allowing legit emails on the topic to get through,  while not sending
3 emails a day to 15000(1) users on a topic that has been covered)

(1) 15000 was a rough number,  I have no idea how many people subscribe to
this list.

using the 15k number,  and 3 emails a day to the list..
each email being about 1k in size..
we would be saving 3* (1000 * 15000) of data going out across the internet.