Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:32:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        abial@webgiro.com (Andrzej Bialecki)
Cc:        green@FreeBSD.ORG (Brian Fundakowski Feldman), dfr@FreeBSD.ORG, jlemon@FreeBSD.ORG, kbyanc@posi.net, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Final call for review: Dynamic sysctls.

> This is just to make sure that you don't have any major objections to the
> code in question:
>
> 	http://www.frebsd.org/~abial/dyn_sysctl-080700.tgz
>
> Thank you all for very valuable comments - I tried to integrate them in
> the version above, as much as I could, and as much as I have time to do it
> now. IMHO the code is functional now, doesn't lead to panics (at least I
> couldn't make it panic :^), provides the advertised functions etc.
>
> If someone wants to speak up, let him speak now. I'm can wait with commit
> for good reasons. Otherwise on Friday I'll commit it to -current branch.

Please obtain an OID arc from IANA, and establish your
hierarchy under an OID, with both dynamic and static subtrees,
so that these controls can also be exported via SNMP, ACAP,
LDAP, SLPv2, Saluatation, HP JetSend, JINI, LISA, and T-Spaces,
as well as other externalization protocols.

Thanks,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---