Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 10:18:09 -0500
From:      Glen Foster <gfoster@nomad.osmre.gov>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SUP must die, CTM for president !!

>   Date: Wed, 01 Feb 1995 00:22:26 -0800
>   From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
>
>   Is it currently possible to set someone up with a special CTM alias in
>   their /etc/aliases that will allow freefall to send them patches which get
>   filed and applied automatically?
>   THAT would be very cool.

That WOULD be cool.  As would a dial-up interface to same for those
who are net.less.  I think it is very important that security aspects
should be addressed before implementation rather than after (someone
gets bitten).  Just one incident could compromise FreeBSD's
reputation.

Speaking of dialup, how about an option for install that would fetch
the bindist through dial-up.  Someone (Walnut Creek?) could probably
even make money on this if it were a (not too expensive) 900
number. . .  Or an ISP could offer this as an inducement to get folks
to sign up.

The understandable subconcious assumption that everybody worthwhile is
on the net strongly influences all development and hinders acceptance
of FreeBSD by the majority of users who have only dialup
communications capability.  These far outnumber CD-ROM owners.

Glen Foster <gfoster@osmre.gov>