Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:40:08 -0400
From:      "`~-_-~'" <gandersn@puc.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. the rest of the world, poor OS comparison on web p

>I don't think you can be that sure about the upper and lower limits.
>I'd say there must be at least 25,000, because we've counted them.
>But are you sure that there are no more than 10,000,000?  How can you
>be sure?  I'd say it's possible that there are 20,000,000.
>
>Of course, I can't be sure about that, either.  Let's split the
>difference (20,000,000 + 25,000)/2 = 10,000,000 within the limits of
>measurement error :-)
>
>Greg

        Would you guys give up on the numbers, even if you were right
        numbers of users is just useless, or we would only run win95

        and when you spend anytime with yahoo, and see the number of
        linux related sites compared with FreeBSD sites you must
        expect a greater user base for linux.

        but why do people argue about one or the other?
        there not that different!
 _  _  ___ _      _ _    ___  _    _
| |/ || -_|\`\/\/'/| |_ |_- || | _| | ___________________________________
|_|\_|     gandersn@puc.net     |___|| The opinions expressed (Which may |
       ~~~~                ~~~~      | contain ideas that will kill your |
Copywrite (C) 1997, Dennis Anderson  | faith in god) are those of the    |
All rights reserved                  | participant and don'tnecessarily  |
                                     | reflectthose of the accountholder.|
any reproduction what so ever is a   | If you want your own opinion ask  |
violation of said copyright and may  | me for one                        |
be punishable by DEATH from          |___________________________________|

**************** Please destroy this sig when replying *******************