Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:28:07 +0100
From:      Tom Lazar <lists@tomster.org>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        markham breitbach <markham@ssimicro.com>, freebsd-jail <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Jail management

> On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:17, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au> wrote:
>=20
> Markham wrote:
>=20
> I also discovered iocage which looks quite different and interesting. =
I'm still reading about it, but it seems to:

another thing you might want to take a look at - given your requirements =
and current setup - is jetpack[1]

it basically implements the docker approach using zfs and jails as =
underlying technology and pretty much replaces (the unstable) solution =
of unionfs with its layers based on zfs snapshots.

while it seems to be the least mature option discussed in this thread so =
far, i think its container approach fills a niche that might fit your =
use case very well.

having said that, i=92d like to point out, that florian and myself (the =
authors of bsdploy) are very open to using saltstack - bsdploy is =
designed to be modular and we already have experimental support for it =
[2] and the GPL licence of ansible is turning into a bigger annoyance =
than expected[3] so we are motivated to continue along that path.

just my two cents,

cheers,

tom
=20