Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:59:48 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Kip Macy <kmacy@fsmware.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mail list etiquette

Wes Peters wrote this message on Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:43 -0700:
> Kip Macy, other DragonFlyBSD developers, and anyone else wishing to
> contribute are invited to join and participate in the open FreeBSD mail
> lists, sharing code, design information, research and test results, etc.
> according to their own will.  We welcome input from everyone, including
> constructive criticism of weaknesses or flaws in FreeBSD.

And patches (against FreeBSD) are highly encouraged.  It rarely helps
to simply point out flaws (or showing how X OS runs soo much better than
FreeBSD, why are you guys even running FreeBSD?) w/o showing code to fix it.

Note: I am not speaking as an offical representive of FreeBSD, just as
a developer who has too few time to try to code up a patch for code I
haven't seen.  And considering that DragonFlyBSD is based upon FreeBSD
coming up with said patches should be trivial.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579