Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 1996 17:57:47 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape drive questions/recommendations

My oldish DAT tape drive is dead.  Bugger.

So I've been looking at other tape drives today.  A place called the Disk
Drive Depot has an Archive drive of some sort, DAT, with a 4 tape
autochanger.  I don't know the model number yet, 'cause they were closed
today.

I can also get a Conner or HP DAT drive for <$600, new.  Or I can get an
ExaByte 2501 for a bit <$500.

So... the Archive one, if it works and has a decent warranty, would be my
preference (since I have all these DATs here that I've been doing backups
on, and I'd like to be able to use them should I need to pull something off
;)), but I do want something reliable and that works flawlessly with
FreeBSD.

So, how about it, folks... anyone know anything about this Archive drive, or
have preferences for the others?

Thanks...

Sean.